Sunday, August 14, 2005

Pluots are yummy!



Pluots are delicious. I just bought a box of them from Costco. In Hawaii, it's sometimes difficult to find certain fruits. Or they can be very expensive.

Pluots looks like plums, but are a hybrid of plum (about 70%) and apricot (about 30%), hence the name.

Pluots are very sweet and juicy, without the sourness of the plum skin, and with a higher sugar content. They are mainly grown in California.

This is one of my favorite fruits of summer, to go along with watermelon, strawberries, and blueberries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

I saw them at the Korean market this weekend but they didn't look very fresh =/ I can't wait to try one!

2:28 AM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger pachoo said...

I've never seen them (more likely I've never paid attention) in a Chinese market.

Do they sell them in the regular markets too? Ralphs/Albertson's/etc?

5:46 AM, August 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home