Thursday, February 24, 2005

Banco Stupido

My bank got devoured by another, bigger, less friendly bank. What used to bea nice, small friendly bank with everything that worked just right, got aquired by a bigger bank. This made no sense at all geographically, and now they messed up all my nice banking Excel spreadsheets, eliminated the handy postage-paid bank-by-mail envelopes, and basically took everything I liked about my bank and stomped all over it. Oh, and they are based on the east coast, so the time difference is going to be so huge the bank will be closed before I even wake up.

I guess I'm just ranting into the void, but somehow this is slightly therapeutic...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

LOL when you said banco popular, i thought you were making fun of a larger chain like ButtOfAmerica and sWellyFarto.

Who would name their bank, banco popular? That's like calling your kid, Kiddo Smarto or your car, Auto Fasto.

Have you considered banking at E-Trade? If you like the bank by mail thing, you can do that with them and with a sufficient balance, they have the reimbursed ATM thing.

I think that might be a better option than Pat's suggestion. I always wondered why there was all this clinking noise with every step he took... now I understand, it's the coins.

4:17 AM, March 01, 2005  
Blogger pachoo said...

We just switched from Wells Fargo to Union Bank of California. So far we are happy with the switch.

4:56 PM, March 03, 2005  
Blogger angelpoo said...

I wub you heady. No be mad...just be glad. So you want me to bomb the bank?

5:22 PM, March 09, 2005  
Blogger pachoo said...

Post something, Bryan! Your monthly update is overdue!

6:35 AM, April 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home