Saturday, January 08, 2005

Top 10 Comic Strips

Hmmm, looks like I'll post about once a month. Here's my list of the top comic strips. These ones make me laugh out loud or think...or both. Not as easy as I thought to rank them, except for Calvin & Hobbes being my most favorite. Maybe we can just say 10 favorite comics, with the order changing day by day. You tell me if there's other comics I should be checking out--what makes you laugh out loud?

1. Calvin & Hobbes
2. The Far Side
3. Drabble
4. Sherman's Lagoon
5. Pearls Before Swine
6. For Better or For Worse
7. In the Bleachers
8. Boondocks
9. Zits
10.Peanuts

Honorable Mention:
Dilbert, Real Life Adventures, Mother Goose & Grimm, Citizen Dog, Foxtrot, Frank & Ernest, Non Sequitur

8 Comments:

Blogger angelpoo said...

Me like Sherman's Lagoon, Pearls and Garfield! When I am too lazy to read too much to get a laugh, I just read Garfield because it usually contains fewer than 10 words total in a strip. Hee hee...

5:23 PM, January 08, 2005  
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

What about Apartment 3b? I thought that would be your favorite?!

Your top 2 are the same as mine, but I must admit not really knowing the others that you have listed too well since I don't get a newspaper anymore.

I've always enjoyed Snoopy too and the Amazing Spider-Man! Oh... and B.C.!!

4:29 AM, January 11, 2005  
Blogger happyoblivion said...

Hey Tim,

You don't need a newspaper anymore!!! These are all online (except for the Far Side). All your favorites, daily!

7:51 PM, January 11, 2005  
Blogger happyoblivion said...

Yeah, that Amazing Spiderman... I read it one day, and that's all it takes to get stuck because the story line continues day to day, so you have to read the next one to find out what happens, and then the next one, and then the next one...

7:53 PM, January 11, 2005  
Blogger pachoo said...

I thought it was Apartment 3-G instead of 3b? I actually read that strip quite religiously for about a year. Same as Rex Morgan, M.D.

7:54 PM, January 11, 2005  
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

It was the big hair for Apt 3G wasn't it Pat? Yea, your'e right now that I think about it... and Rex Morgan?!?!

What was that even about?

1:50 PM, January 13, 2005  
Blogger pachoo said...

Basically they were nothing more than comic strip "soap operas". Mildly entertaining.

7:05 PM, January 15, 2005  
Blogger Tim Hsu-Kwan said...

I'm eagerly awaiting the February installment of happy oblivion.

4:11 AM, February 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home